Saturday, June 20, 2009

a small world

Photo courtesy Newsday

You never know where a story will go or where it will end up!
Last week I was covering a story in Mastic Beach when I made a "quick stop" at William Floyd Elementary school to cover a reunion between some veterans and their school age pen pals.
I was preoccupied with my other "bigger" story, but I ended up being quite pleased with the script for my story about one of the soldiers and her pen pal.
As a CNN affiliate we can place stories on the feed("Pathfire") for other affiliates...I've done this a few other times. While that does not mean the story is on CNN, it is likely used by other local stations with newscasts to fill.
However much to my surprise, a staffer at CNN chose it as one of their highlights of the day, and a short version of it appeared on Headline News on Saturday.
Technically this was my "network news" debut!

No comments: