Sunday, June 28, 2009

My Mays memory and more

A trip to California that started with Micheal Jackson's death ended with another "celebrity" death....tv pitchman Billy Mays.
I met Billy once in 1998 while I was on a job interview at HSN. I remembered how nice he was, and how our chat calmed my nerves before my audition. He came across as a genuinely fun person, the sort of guy who you meet once and consider a friend.
I was happy to see that he had created a show about the art of pitching on tv, not a whole lot of home shopping personalities get the chance to "cross-over".
Speaking of crossing over I am watching the BET awards at the moment. It's a good show, with a lot of fun music, and tributes to MJ.
Anybody who knows me well, knows my love of Jackson 5 music. Back in my morning show days the best way to pick up my energy was to bump me to break with one of those songs.
saying "Still more news to come for the rest of Northeast Wisconsin" was a lot more fun with "ABC " or "I want you back" under it.

No comments: