Thursday, August 27, 2009

say hello to my little friend

Here at SPJ twitter is all the rage...you can check out everything with #SPJ100.
Kinda makes me a little sad, are blogs so 2008? I don't quite get it, here at newsysuzy online I try to give posts the same sort of thought I would give to a broadcast story, even if the audience is a lot smaller.
The tweets seem so...superficial.
Not to mention, instead of interacting, networking, and socializing, we are all fixated on our handhelds.
Still, it's what all the cool, and not so cool kids are doing so I will give it a try.
So my tweet handle is...newsysuzy. Feel free to check it out, or follow me.
But I can't promise anything profound.

1 comment:

Traveler said...

I agree with you, Suzanne, that tweets are superficial, essentially a headline of a story that's not there. Plus, constant tweeting takes a twitterer's attention off the person speaking. I think some lessons that could be learned aren't, because we're too busy tweeting. I am tweeting lots at the convention, though, because the other side of the coin is that it you're able to share a little of what you're experiencing. Maybe there's room enough for blogs, tweets, FB status updates, stories, reports, et alia. BTW, this comment is 428 characters up to the word "alia." A tweet's 140 characters means my comment would have ended at the word "off."