Sunday, August 30, 2009

picture this

National Ethics Committee and <span class=PCLI member Suzanne Goldklang a... on Twitpic" height="150" width="150">
PCLI's chapter award is a very nice honor, for which people other than myself worked very hard. It was nice to be in Indy to see Pres. John O'Connell accept the recognition.
It was a good convention, I was glad to be able to support my old friend Dave Aeikens, the outgoing president, and hear from new president Kevin Smith.
Kevin hopes to be a leader for SPJ members and the entire industry. I found his comments encouraging, motivating, and empowering. I also attended a energetic meeting of the national ethics comittee, and I look forward to contributing to their work.
Another highlight was meeting some of the nation's best local investigative journalists, and getting inspired by what they are accomplishing.
Finally, I was able to spend some time with my role model, KARE-11 reporter extraordinaire Boyd Huppert who was in town to pick up an award.
Just seeing him reminded me about the things I love about tv news, and the type of work still possible.
I know the link about is a little sloppy, I will work on cleaning it up after I get some rest!

No comments: